How do I stream a live event via external software or hardware on Workplace?
To share a live video from your computer via external software or hardware, you'll need to use Live Producer.
To get started:
- Click Write something... in the composer at the top of your News Feed.
- Select a group you want to go live in or click your name to broadcast to your timeline.
- Click Add to Your Post.
- Click Live Video.
Alternatively, you can follow this link to Live Producer
Setting up your stream
- Set up your stream as usual by giving it a title and description. You could also add a poll, enable live rewind or turn on automatic captions.
- Click Continue.
- Click Advanced settings, then click at the bottom.
- Copy and paste the server URL and stream key or persistent stream key into the settings of your streaming software and start the video stream. A preview screen will appear in Live Producer.
- Select Use a persistent stream key if you want your stream key to be permanent. If this isn't selected, you won't be able to use this stream key again after the stream ends.
- Click Go Live to get started straight away. If you want to schedule your broadcast for later, click Schedule Live.
Stream Key and Persistent Stream Key
Don't share your stream key or persistent stream key. Anyone who has access to your stream key information can stream video to your post.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to use a stream key again after your live stream ends, unless you select Use a persistent stream key when creating your live stream.
After your broadcast
When you stop your broadcast, you can delete it or upload a higher-quality version. If you'd like to edit a live video, you'll need to download the video, delete the post, edit the video, and then reupload it. Keep in mind that if you choose to do this, you'll lose all the comments and reactions from the original live stream post.